Thursday, January 29, 2009

Real Estate Perks

One of the great perks of being a real estate agent is that I have access to finding great homes that are on the market. The problem with this is that I find myself going back and forth between wanting to stay in my house until we have at least 2 children here & moving to a house that is already completely updated so we can stop doing projects EVERY weekend. For instance, since we've moved into our home 3 years ago, we've completely remodeled the kitchen, the guest bath, repainted every wall, added new carpet in the master bedroom & completed a landscaping overhaul. There is still much to do! There are stainless appliances to buy, an awning/deck to build, & a master bathroom to re-do. Again, these are the problems with the real estate world. If I did not see homes on a daily basis that I am obsessed with or that have fabulous updates/decor, I would not know the difference & thus, would be satisfied where I am. Don't get me wrong...I love my house, but it sure would be nice to take a break from home improvement projects & trips to Lowe's on the weekends.

2 comments:

  1. Suz! I knew you would break down and blog. It is just too tempting. I totally relate about doing a home project every weekend. We have lived here for 4 years and might almost be done redoing it...but I am ready to move. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. See now this is interesting... Joey and I bought a new home and occasionally I think buying an older one and fixing it up would have been fun. I guess not! :)

    ReplyDelete