Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Reality TV & Swift at the Rodeo


Okay, so my week starts with lots of wonderful reality TV, and on Monday night, of course, we have the Bachelor. I just want to say that while I really wanted it to work with Stephanie & Jason, it was clear that it was not a match, and I felt uncomfortable every time she tried to make moves on him. So...I am glad he let her go, but let me just say I thought she handled it with such class! I was very impressed! Compare her to that blondie he let go in Vegas, and you really see the girls' true colors.

Moving on to the Biggest Loser...Joelle...Need I say more? Why the excuses? What is she even talking about when she opens her mouth? Nothing makes sense. It is so strange. Then at the end, did anyone catch her reunion with her weight loss partner, Carla? I felt so sorry for Carla. She clearly wanted to clear the air, and Joelle was real weird about it. Just a strange duck. I really can't say anymore about it, except that I am glad she's gone. I wish Bob and Jillian would hook up and have a beautiful, tough-as-nails baby. Wouldn't that make America happy? One more questions that is the subject of much debate in our household: Is Bob gay? If any of you have any light to shed on this matter, please let me know.

Lastly...I have some great news! Blake & I have been invited by my dear friend Sarah (Horn) Anderson who I have not seen since my wedding day to go to the San Antonio rodeo next week to see Taylor Swift! Isn't that grand? Sarah is one of those friends where we never talk, but then when we do, it's super normal, and we feel really fine about still being friends. It's wonderful. Anyways, she got these 4 Taylor tickets for her birthday, and didn't know who to give them to, as most people over the age of 20 do not know Taylor exists. So...she randomly got on facebook and saw that I'd posted one day that I was obsessed with Swift, and she called me out of the clear blue to extend the invitation! Isn't that fun? Please see this clip to see just a few of the reasons why I am a T-SWIFT FAN! (Plus, this clip has Ellen in it too, so it's double-ly awesome.) It's 10 minutes long, I warn you, but it's worth it. Stick with it, peeps - there are 2 parts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU_XImyTKy8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxJYPxoWv4A&feature=related

Don't you just LOVE her now? She is so darn cute! For those of you who are real fans like Sarah & me, I might, just might get you a goober T-shirt when I go see her at the rodeo. But you have to request it. So...I'll be waiting to hear from you.

7 comments:

  1. The kisses on the hands were really uncomfortable and I always closed my eyes when she did that; she was truly a woman of class though as you said. I really want her to find a man that loves her so much. Do you think she is the next Bachelorette? -

    Love - Katrine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blake totally thinks she is the next Bachelorette...she might be! Would be an interesting show, but she does make me strangely uncomfortable to watch her be so gushy. Do you think it is because she was not a match for Jason or is she just awkward like that? Do tell me your thoughts. I LOVE your pee story by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um...I really like Stephanie, but it was PAINFUL for me to watch her be so mushy gushy sweet and gooey. It felt like she was tyring so hard, but I know that that is really just her. (Well, I don't KNOW her per-say, but from what I can tell....I'm going to stop there....)Kind of like the dismissal on Top Chef I really wanted Jason to say, "Stephanie, please pack your glitter and go!"

    As for Joelle....girlfriend uses 1,000 words to say nothing. I wanted to sic my mom on her! SHe would have told her a thing or 2 about excuses! I'm so glad to know I have a reality TV twin! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok...LOVE swift and need a t-shirt! :) j/k...but seriously :) That is so fun! I also completely agree on all your tv judgments and love your feedback...why am I addicted to reality tv??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is Bob gay???? The lifelong question!!! We have been pondering that at my house for the past, what, 7 seasons??? Honestly, if you go merely off the way he dresses, that would be a point in the gay department. If you go off of mental/physical toughness, that would be a point in the straight department. Then there's the fact that he is never really in the public eye with a woman, or a man for that matter. And what about Jillian- she could totally play for the other team Her biceps are bigger than Jordan's! OK, I'm done right now. Maybe I'll blog about it later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I think Stephanie and Jason were just not right together so it made it extra awkward to watch, but I do think she is just a teensy bit awkward in general, so it is just going to be downright uncomfy to watch which will make for one painful season if she is chosen. I already have to close my eyes or fast forward through half the show...so I am not sure if I can take that.

    P.S. - Thanks for your props about the pee story. We do know without a doubt that it was pee due to the odor and color. SO GROSS. I am afraid that it was me :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.P.S - Suz, I think you should have been on there to do Stephanie's make up. She was really pretty, but the insane blush and glitter made me want to blink a lot when I looked at her. I agree with T - Rog about packing the glitter and going

    ReplyDelete